Founded in 1947 by the Boy family, National Jets is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services across three distinct divisions: FBO services, aircraft maintenance, and aircraft management/charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircraft and is operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for aviation, who have initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
National Jets is seeking an A & P Technician to join our team in the Ft Lauderdale area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for aviation, who has initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
Perform aircraft maintenance, repairs and inspections to aircraft, engines and components for the National Jets part 135 air charter operation and part 145 Repair Station.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Know all of the procedures for the Repair Station, the use of the forms, tags and completing the required paperwork as outlined in NJI’s Repair Station Manual (RSM)
- Perform maintenance/inspections to aircraft
- Have personal tools to perform your mechanic duties. To include hearing protection.
- Keep your supervisor’s current and up to date with project and task you are performing to include any issue and setbacks.
- Perform Inspections and maintenance on company GSE
- Maintain aircraft in an airworthy condition by performing your work to a professional standard.
- Research maintenance task instruction guidance and parts required in manufacturer’s maintenance manuals to perform the tasks given to you to accomplish.
- Correspond with Technical Representatives for problem solving when required or instructed. Make sure your tasks are documented for work perform or progressive signoffs at stopping points or completed; DAILY.
- Proper identification or tagging of all aircraft components when removed from an aircraft undergoing work. Component /Unit securing hardware is either secure to part or aircraft as required.
- Protecting aircraft interiors / exteriors prior to work commencement and daily upkeep in the areas your working. To protect aircraft from finger print on entryway, stairs, flooring, interiors components and high traffic areas on exterior paint to include foot prints.
- Clean up your work areas at completion of task as well as at end of shift daily. To include tooling return and cords / hoses coiled and stowed.
- Responsible for your own training records additions by recording of “on the job” (OJT) training with Inspection Department using the training forms.
- Stop all unsafe action when witnessed.
- Perform one monthly and/or weekly shop task for routine upkeep. This to be assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Corporate Jet experience to include Gulfstream, Learjets, Challenger 604 and 300, Hawker, Falcon, Cessna Citation and other types of Corporate Business Jets.
- Strong Avionics background
- Associate Degree or higher degree in aviation or similar field of study.
- Technical vocational training and hands on experience in lieu of degree
- Five years’ experience in line / hangar maintenance and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience maintaining aircraft GSE
- A & P License
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of the Federal Aviation Regulations
- Communication Proficiency, both written and oral.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management
- Collaborative Skills/ Teamwork
- Mechanical Skills- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Systems Skills for computer hardware & software including applications
- Knowledgeable in OSHA regulations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance:
In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to contaminants such as dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise. Environmental conditions in clued cramped work space, awkward positions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Sunday through Saturday in 8 hour shifts. However, the position requires the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises. Must be able to report to work steadily through the workday. Must be able to maintain an attendance record in compliance with the company policies and procedures.